Hunter Homes - Shady Business Practices

4821 98503, Rose St NE, Lacey, WA 98506, USA 0 comments
Turnaround Time

I recently purchased a home online based off of pictures and a glowing summary of the home. “Granite/Tile galore” “Pick colors!” Lies. Formica/Vinyl galore would have been a more accurate description.

They advertised an upgraded home without any disclaimers to the fact. After I made an offer and deposited my earnest money they inform me that the house I bought online isn’t the house I’m getting. If I want that house I need to pay $30k more.

None of the listing agents communicate with each other so be prepared to have prices misquoted and to only get a third of the information needed to make an informed, well thought out purchase.

I’ve written several emails and the only response I’ve gotten back is a vague hint of an offer of $1k which is the equivalent of nothing on a purchase this substantial.

They baited me with a beautiful home, then switched it to something of lower quality. If you don’t care about money, then hunter homes is for you.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Hunter Homes - House built in 2008 - Seems like its was 1970

My house was built in 2008, in 2010 my AC unit went out, in 2018 I had to get an entire new roof and now today is 2/6/2018 and there is an electrical issue. The plus socket started melting and shooting out sparks, while making a sizzling sound all while the breaker was off.

Hunter homes is garbage. Do not let them build your house. Very cheaply made. I repeat Hunter Homes will not last you 30 years.

It will fall completely apart before that time even gets near.

I wish I never bought my house from them. *DO NOT PURCHASE YOUR HOME FROM HUNTER HOMES** They are a total rip off.

Review about: House.

Hunter Homes - Horrible experience

Rood agents. They don't care about buyers AT ALL!

Builder doesn't care about buyers. Nobody can seem to get their heads together.

We got a house under contract, then decided not to buy. Beware of this builder and it's agents.

Review about: I Did Not Buy Anything Because Of The Rudness Of The Services.

Hunter homes is cheap as .............

bought a home in 2009. built in 2008, cheap ac unit went out in 2014.

I replaced the motor, fan, then find out in yr 5 that I had a 5yr manufactures (ruud rhreem sold them the cheap stuff) warranty so it just expired. Then noticed other neighbors using window units too, all around same time. The quality of these houses are - zero. I wouldn't recommend these homes to the homeless.

the vinyl siding, sheet rock, windows, doors, are all horrible quality. They should be sued for ripping people off so badly. now I am stuck with a 6000.00 bill to fix.

I am so upset at these crooks. Need to be shut down.

Review about: Thought It Was Worth The It For First Time Buyer.

Hunter Homes - Terrible company

7524 Iredell Main Northwest, Madison, AL 35757, USA 0 comments
2.3
Turnaround Time

Shoddy workmanship. Terrible communication (as in NO communication).

MULTIPLE lies to get us to move in quickly. And what's more, now after TEN YEARS they've still refused to turn over the HOA to the residents because Hunter has purposely maintained a single undeveloped lot in the community just to keep control. Yeah, avoid Hunter like the plague. They are the worst company I've seen in many years.

Just google them. You'll find almost nothing to praise. Remember, you get what you pay for. Just pay a LITTLE extra and find someone else.

It is NOT worth it in the long run. Sadly.

Review about: Hunter Homes.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Price.

I didn't like: Quality, Customer service, Sales reps, Hoa turnover - which never happened after 10 years, Lies about the cable and internet services available.

Hunter Homes - Review in Home Construction and Repair category from Eminence, Kentucky

Eminence, Kentucky 1 comment
1.9
Turnaround Time

When I moved into my home it was newly built. Over the last six years I've been in the house I have had nothing bit problems.

First thing I noticed when the house settled, it caused a long Crack across my ceiling in the family room. Also, a Crack going down the wall under the window. I had a pipe burst in my bathroom ceiling. Causing water damage to my floors in the master bath.

They had to pull up my flooring and I had to replace the sheet rock on the ceiling. Which they had to remove to get to the leaking pipe. Also my thermostat keeps shutting off. I have to shift the pump in the tray for it to come back on.

I just want to sell the house as is and leave. Don't buy hunter homes.

They just throw them up. And that's more money coming out of your pocket in the long run

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss a product or service. Hunter Homes needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned a product or service in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Hunter Homes.

Madison, Alabama, United States #1271367

Wow this is really disappointing because I am thinking about buying a hunters home I really like them, the least thing I don't like about them that they are so close together but I think I could work with that because I am a people person and as long as I have friendly neighbors it would be fine,but to hear comments like this is very scary because I don't want to have to build 2x

Hunter Homes - Simple Review #1452023751

Bellevue, Washington 0 comments
1.4
Turnaround Time

Hunter homes is smoke and mirrors. Do not recommend this company at all poorly built home can not sell you lose equity. Hunter homes should be investigated for fraud.

Review about: Hunter Homes.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Hunter Homes - Review in Home Construction and Repair category from San Francisco, California

San Francisco, California 2 comments
4.4
Turnaround Time

I read this and get sad. Been in my hunter home on sagebrook for 8years now and could not be happier whith my house.

Never had a problem with it.

I actually want to buy another hunter home for my retirement. They are the best deal out there.

This reviewer shared experience about good quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall satisfied with Hunter Homes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hunter Homes.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Construction and Repair category for more informed decision or compare Hunter Homes to other companies on our site.

Placitas, New Mexico, United States #1075756

You can buy my hunter home. They are ***.

Huntsville, Alabama, United States #995316

I've been in my Hunter on sagebrook for 2 yrs now. The house is 7 years old.

No real issues or complaints with the build of the house. I am having a partial retaining wall installed on the east side of the house as erosion has worked under the heat pump pad and threatens it. All this due to a lack of gutters and a retaining wall that seems to appear on every other home in the neighborhood. Going to ask Hunter if the plans showed a wall there and why they would put up gutter on a two story house.

Other than that I have no real complaints about their quality. For the money, it's a steal.

Hunter Homes - These review just saved me!

Meridian, Idaho 3 comments

I was just looking into purchasing a Hunter Home in Boise! I will look elsewhere after seeing these problems!

Who wants an HOA when you are a homeowner? Who wants Sewage problems, AC problems?? Cracking walls? Sounds like these homes were not build properly!

I have already purchased a home (15 years ago) and a condo over a year ago...

I have family in friends in the construction business that know the "do's and don'ts". Hunter homes are very pretty and awesome upgrades, but that does nothing for me if I am going to have those kind of problems to deal with!

This reviewer shared experience about bad quality and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). The author is overall dissatisfied with Hunter Homes. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Hunter Homes.

Meridian, Idaho, United States #1310422

I wish I would have known about this site before I purchased our Hunter Home in Meridian, Idaho. I would have gone with another builder.

Mr. Edwards will NOT return phone calls or reply to certified letters. Yes I got the green card back signed by Darci. However, still NO response.--- Roof issues, water leaks, paint pealing, lights not working, carpet not installed properly.

I'm not sure what the next step I'm going to take. HUNTER HOMES INC; EAGLE, IDAHO 208-573-1040

The reviews below are of a different Hunter Homes. Hunter Homes in Idaho is Boise Hunter Homes. The Hunter Homes on this page seems to be in Alabama....

to Anonymous Meridian, Idaho, United States #1310424

HUNTER HOMES INC.

PO BOX 1418

EAGLE, ID 83616

208-537-1040

Hunter Homes - Don't recommend this builder to anyone wishing I could get out of this home ASAP

2.0

The first year the cracking of the walls and ceilings the air conditioner and heater both went out, Not to mention the entire subdivision was not told about a sewage company in birmingham and after 5yrs they located us and told us we owed back pay for sewage because hunter homes failed to disclose the subdivision. These homes are awful the walls are very thin and the model home is not what you end up getting the side walks were not there the HOA fees are going up and we were promised a track area never got that either but Fees due yearly.

Nobody understand what we're paying for. Looking for homes try Savvy homes, Breland, or someone else skip Hunter warning

Review about: Home Construction.